OUR AIMS & OBJECTIVES:
- Create a platform to bridge the communication gap between elected MPs as well as law makers and their constituents/ electorate/citizens of Bangladesh.
- Galvanize and coordinate data and information about elected representatives to support citizens to exercise their democratic rights and to enhance transparency and accountability.
- The volunteers at AmarMP are passionate about parliamentary democracy and will reach out to otherwise excluded citizens from some of the most remote areas.
- Create a dynamic role in building trust between elected representatives and the electorate by maximum utilization of information technology.
- Raise public awareness about civic engagement, responsible citizenship as well as the roles and responsibilities of the elected representatives.
- Provide a structure to strengthen the democratic processes in holding elected representatives accountable and scrutinise policies and decisions being made.
- To foster the development of submitting petitions, coordinating campaigns on issues that are pertinent to the electorate to influence party manifestos and also policy making.
- Build confidence by developing new skills and knowledge for elected representatives which will not only help them to connect with their constituents but also enable them to manage their time better and prioritise their work and commitments.
- Explore the potential for developing partnerships and rolling this out to other parts of the world where there is democratic deficit and citizens lack access to democratic means and opportunities to exercise their democratic rights.